Global Atlantic offers a highly competitive and enriching summer internship experience. Our internship program starts on Monday, June 3rd and concludes on Friday, August 9th. This is a 10-week program. Our internship program is hybrid (3 days in the office, 2 days remotely) and front office positions in NY are 4 days in the office.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. With differentiated investment and risk management capabilities, deep client relationships, and a strong financial foundation, the company has established a track record of delivering proven, value-added solutions and long-term growth. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers asset management and capital markets solutions across multiple strategies.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
We use Greenhouse as our scheduling tool and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communications. Please be sure to check your SPAM so that you do not miss critical information about our process, including scheduling.
The Quantitative Finance Co-Op will join Global Atlantic’s Enterprise Financial Planning & Analysis (EFP&A) team in Des Moines, IA. This role will work closely with CFO, Business Unit Finance Officers and multiple teams across the company to develop, refine, and analyze projection models used to produce earnings and capital forecasts for senior management to make strategic decisions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the preparation of recurring and ad-hoc presentations to senior management and Board of Directors, around financial performance of business drivers and key metrics
- Assist in capital budgeting and capital allocation management framework to support the firm’s business growth
- Perform analysis on large underlying financial data sets using programming languages (e.g. Python) to extract business intelligence and facilitate the decision-making progress
- Opportunity to interface with multiple upstream and downstream stakeholders across the organization to define business requirements, develop and test models, and serve as liaison to the model to providing insights across wide range of drivers for the projections (Investments, Actuarial, Pricing, Expense Management, Treasury, Tax, Risk, Controllers, etc)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Accounting, or a related field with a graduation date of May 2025
- Ability to participate in a Co-Op summer schedule of 16 weeks
- Sharp analytical / quantitative and technical abilities; Must be proficient in Excel
- Strong developer skills with exposure to programming languages such as VBA, Python, Java, C++, or SQL/SAS
- Basic understanding of corporate finance or actuarial concepts is a plus
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
This position is not eligible for visa candidates now or in the future.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support you during your internship with a 401k match program with immediate vesting (with the exception of Bermuda), competitive compensation, and a stipend to support your experience.
Over the 10 weeks you will be immersed in an inclusive environment with opportunities to participate in:
- Days of Inclusion
- DE&I Challenge
- National Intern Day Celebration
- Weekly Business Overviews and fireside chats with leaders
- Social events
- and more!
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.
Here is our ESG report. We are so proud!