Global Atlantic offers a highly competitive and enriching summer internship experience. Our internship program starts on Monday, June 3rd and concludes on Friday, August 9th. This is a 10-week program. Our internship program is hybrid (3 days in the office, 2 days remotely) and front office positions in NY are 4 days in the office.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. With differentiated investment and risk management capabilities, deep client relationships, and a strong financial foundation, the company has established a track record of delivering proven, value-added solutions and long-term growth. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers asset management and capital markets solutions across multiple strategies.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
We use Greenhouse as our scheduling tool and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communications. Please be sure to check your SPAM so that you do not miss critical information about our process, including scheduling.
For this opening, we are targeting December 2024 and May 2025 grads. This 2024 Investment Operations summer internship program is located out of our Boston office and will consist of the following:
- Gain in-depth exposure and hands on experience supporting two of our three teams for two five-week placements in Investment Operations, including Shared Services, Private Credit, and Asset Based Finance.
- Asset Based Finance (Commercial/Residential Real Estate, Transportation, Consumer and Energy Financing, Reporting)
- Private Credit (CLO Management and Loan Management)
- Shared Services (Fixed Income, Derivatives, Controls/Data Integrity, Reinsurance)
- Communicate with Investment Office on upcoming investments to support timely and comprehensive execution including trade booking and allocation
- Utilize large data sets for portfolio reconciliation to ensure organizational data integrity
- Compile and analyze metrics for trading, hedging, exception processing, and other areas of the business to identify trends, efficiencies, and potential control opportunities
- Participate in initiatives aimed at continuous process and infrastructure improvements; identify areas of operational inefficiency and implement proposed enhancements
- Senior leadership will provide in depth business and asset class overviews that showcase high-level understanding of Global Atlantic’s business and how it operates
- Complete final presentation highlighting key takeaways that will be presented to management and Investment Operations team
- Participate in challenges throughout the summer including an internship experience innovation challenge and a networking challenge
- Strong academic record in pursuit of a four-year degree with concentrations and/or interests in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Computer Science (minimum 3.2 GPA); focusing on students graduating December 2024 or May 2025
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel and PowerPoint; VBA, Visio, and Bloomberg experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Pro-active, detail oriented, and deadline driven; possess excellent documentation and analysis skills
- Results oriented, flexible, self-motivated, and able to excel in a fast paced, team environment with limited direct supervision
This position is not eligible for visa candidates now or in the future.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support you during your internship with a 401k match program with immediate vesting (with the exception of Bermuda), competitive compensation, and a stipend to support your experience.
Over the 10 weeks you will be immersed in an inclusive environment with opportunities to participate in:
- Days of Inclusion
- DE&I Challenge
- National Intern Day Celebration
- Weekly Business Overviews and fireside chats with leaders
- Social events
- and more!
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.
Here is our ESG report. We are so proud!