Gainsight is fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
The L1 - Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for the Gainsight platform to customers, developers and prospects across the World through email, phone interactions, chats, desktop sharing with customers and by using incident tracking system. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success using our Gainsight platform. The job involves handling and resolving complex technical and functional queries from customers across the globe.
- Help resolve software and technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively
- Gather the required information necessary in order to best handle customer software and technical inquiries
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution.
- Resolving the issues through Phone, chat and email communication channels.
- Meet SLAs like response and resolution times by partnering within L1, L2 and L3 Support organizations.
- Extensively research and document customer technical issues.
- Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate.
- Partner with Technical Support team members on various strategic projects when needed
- Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status.
- Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability.
- Document solutions for knowledge-base and bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the Support team.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering (or related technical discipline)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in L1 technical customer support (voice and email), with a strong customer interaction experience
- Good debugging skills
- Passion to be a part of a hard working and winning team
- Willing to work in a 24x7 environment and provide weekend coverage, if needed.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts
- Strong active listening skills and excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent Customer Service Orientation
- Strong attention to detail when communicating with customers (verbal & written)
- Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
- Expertise working with Microsoft Excel
- Strong documentation skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce Apps and Web applications
- Working knowledge of SQL, Java related technologies
Shift: 24X7 Shifts (Afternoon & Night shifts)
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.