Gainsight™ is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, India and Israel.
About the Job Role
We are looking for a Data Science Product Manager to join our product management team to help drive the Machine Learning/AI capabilities within the various products at Gainsight. You will have complete ownership of your product area, including the product vision, speaking to customers, defining user stories and acceptance criteria, and creating wireframes. You will closely collaborate with :
- Product management teams to help realize the AI/ML in various product areas.
- Data Science, design and engineering teams to execute the roadmap
- Internal stakeholders (sales, marketing & CS) and
- External stakeholders (customers & partners) to evangelize the benefits of your product offerings.
Location : Hyderabad or Bengaluru
Experience : 2-7 years
What You'll Do Here
- Deciding what to build: Work closely with product management teams, data science teams, application teams, customers, sales, services, customer success, engineering and other cross-functional groups to prioritize new AI/ML features and functionality based on business objectives and engineering estimates.
- Adding details that are crystal-clear: Develop user stories, acceptance criteria and initial wireframes. Partner with both engineering and Data Science teams in building technical requirements. Partner with design in making sure mockups are ready.
- Work closely with the Data Science team to help validate, plan, execute, deploy and monitor AI/ML solutions.
- Find ways to validate which use-cases seem promising based on quickly and smartly validating data availability and expected accuracy. Figure out what research and validations need to be done in order to decide on the best possible AI/ML approach for every product.
- Saying No: Gainsight is in a large market with multiple prospects and customers asking for many things. You’ll have to make tough calls in prioritizing and communicating why;
- Executing on roadmap: Collaborate daily with engineering team in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum development process to deliver new features and functionality;
- Ensuring smooth release: Coordinate product releases among the engineering, marketing, customer success and sales teams;
- Managing product alliances: Select and maintain relationships with technical vendors, such as email service providers;
- Go-to-Market: Partner with product marketing on sales and marketing on go-to-market strategies based on product capabilities and competitive analysis
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in data science and/or advanced statistical modeling OR a Bachelors/Masters in Machine Learning, Statistics, mathematics, or equivalent mathematical education.
- Product Management experience is strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of AI/ML. You are familiar with the model building and deployment process, and able to gauge feasibility and possible solutions for a given AI/ML requirement.
- Familiarity with modern/agile software development practices used to build and deploy web and mobile applications is preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures into useful primitives.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, sales, engineering, support, customer success, and operations. You must be able to channel many points of view.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and highly scalable product with a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We believe in trusting each other, and our community by exercising reliability.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders comes with making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience passion, optimism, and laughter in everything we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind, and that learning comes from everywhere.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in an internally-driven strive for greatness.
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.