Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, Israel, and India. Gainsight India has also been certified as one of the Great Places to Work.
About The Role
The DevOps team at Gainsight owns release engineering, configuration management, build and deploy automation, infrastructure provisioning, tool administration, developer productivity, process/workflow automation, application environment maintenance and internal tool development for efficient handling of aforementioned activities. You will be actively involved in all aspects of the team activities.
What You’ll Do Here
- Own and proactively improve our core frameworks/tools/development/deployment processes.
- Architect, Design & Implementation of tools, frameworks
- Technical mentorship to team members, collaboration with internal teams
- Work on integrations with existing tools that help in developer productivity improvement, automated code integration, build, test, release, and deployment process.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience in internal tool development, infrastructure provisioning automation, application deployments, environment maintenance and release engineering
- Hands-on experience with AWS / Google Cloud Platform(GCP) or similar cloud platforms.
- Working experience with PostgreSQL, Mongo.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with usage of Bug tracking and revision control systems (e.g., Jira, GIT)
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g., Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g., Jenkins/Hudson).
- Familiarity with build artifacts repository (e.g., Nexus, Artifactory etc) and code quality (e.g., Sonarqube) tools
- Experience with Java Software Development Life Cycle
- Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in Devops
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and organize and manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
Good to have
- Exposure to any Python framework (e.g., Django, Flask, or Pyramid) and Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM).
- Administrative experience of bug tracking/wiki tools (specifically Jira/Confluence) , Gerrit code review tool
- Exposure to Force.com applications and its deployments
- Exposure to mobile application build/packaging/deployment aspects
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends.
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We believe in trusting each other, and our community by exercising reliability.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders comes with making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience passion, optimism, and laughter in everything we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind, and that learning comes from everywhere.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in an internally-driven strive for greatness.
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.