At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first. Our values — Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Staying Thirsty — guide us towards that mission.
Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America and EY’s Entrepreneur of The Year. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
We are looking for our next sales enablement rockstar at Gainsight! The sales enablement manager is accountable for optimizing the performance of the Gainsight sales teams through the strategy, design, development, successful execution and measurement of strong enablement programs. They will build close working relationships with sales, sales leadership, sales operations and marketing to ensure strategic alignment across all three functions and are able to drive change and accountability in a matrix environment.
Sales enablement managers are data-driven. They pay close attention to what works well and what doesn’t, with the goal of continuously optimizing existing approaches. They leverage data to identify trends and opportunities, constantly improving the programs under their umbrella for optimizing sales performance.
Since sales enablement plays such a connective role in many organizations, it’s vital for the enablement manager to possess deeply acute skills as a listener, speaker, writer, and presenter. Some of the most vital elements of collaborating cross-functionally require communication, alignment, getting buy-in, holding executives accountable and conflict resolution techniques.
Ensuring timely execution of projects is critical to manager success, but equally important is the ability to streamline processes, manage projects and existing operations that can maximize resource utilization.
- Lead the strategy, development, deployment and measurement of sales enablement programs to improve and optimize knowledge, behavior and skills for high performing sales associates
- Support product launches in partnership with marketing by preparing and enabling the sales force to understand and sell our solutions.
- Responsible for aspects of foundational and continuous learning programs for sales, including but not limited to training content creation, scheduling and coordination, creation and deployment or delivery of on-demand courseware, and instructor-led sales training.
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting the success of programs, content usage and sales results.
- Supports the buying and selling processes at all stages of the funnel, from lead generation through win/loss.
- Serves as the gatekeeper to sales to receive, curate, edit and share information that will drive sales productivity and performance.
- Listens to key stakeholders and sellers to identify critical needs, prioritize programs and respond.
- Supports frontline sales managers and sales leadership team in executing effective management disciplines and establishing a sales coaching program.
- Manages various sales enablement projects and coordinates sales enablement activities.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Extensive knowledge and a desire to stay ahead of sales enablement technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Familiarity or desire to learn adult learning theory, training content design and B2B selling.
- Extensive knowledge of modern sales methodologies, sales process, and buyer’s journey alignment.
- Extensive knowledge of sales management best practices, including pipeline management and developmental sales coaching.
- Expert ability to manage projects from concept to completion.
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- High adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Strong negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
- Highly-developed training, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to consult or provide guidance on complex matters to non-specialists; ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Expert ability to collaborate and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups within a team environment.
- Highly organized, and skilled at project management.
- Ability to collaborate with, motivate and drive action from many different teams and personalities.
- Strategic, data-driven thinker. A good fit for the job should be able to use metrics and observation to improve sales process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience with Seismic or other enablement platforms and Salesforce preferred.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent, with a proven history of making an impact and driving business outcomes.
- 7+ years of direct experience in Direct sales, Sales Enablement, Product Marketing and/or Sales Training required.
- Past experience selling B2B solutions and/or managing B2B sales teams preferred. May accept less experience with verifiable proof of delivering business outcomes (increased velocity, increased win-rates, decreased rep ramp-up time, improving sales force performance).
- Some business travel required
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
This position is US Remote
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.