Gainsight™ is a fast-growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customer relationships effectively, track customer health, and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India.
About The Role
Gainsight is expanding its technical operations team and is looking to recruit an experienced TechOps engineer/systems administrator for the position of Technical Operations Engineer. The technical operations engineer will report to Manager Technical Operations
Shift: Regular Shift with Rotational Evening Shift
What You’ll Do Here
- Help engineering teams build scalable, high performance and highly available solutions
- Sizing of production servers and fine tuning application servers
- Take part in proactive planning for production operations scaling, capacity planning and monitoring along with alerting
- Help engineering team on fine tuning application queries
- Develop best practices and implement them across teams and environments
- Should be able to communicate the product architecture and deployments in design documents
- Owner for production issue escalation, debugging, resolution and communications
- Responsible for assisting various internal and external facing teams with technical discussion regarding the infrastructure and product stack
What We're Looking For
- Experienced Linux system administrator with at least 5 years of hands on Production experience
- Experience supporting and deploying systems and components in cloud infrastructure-as-a-service platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku
- Database support experience, both relational and non-relational (MongoDB, Postgres/Redshift)
- Demonstrated abilities with infrastructure automation, scripting (perl/bash/python)
- Experience in monitoring servers/instances and applications in a highly available environment and designing alerts/failover contingencies
- Experience in working with one or more configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience of declarative configuration - Terraform and CloudFormation
- Knowledge of container solutions - Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience supporting production instances of the above listed technologies
- Experience in working with Jenkins or Rundeck for Automation
- System and network administration experience
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical team members to drive projects to completion
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We believe in trusting each other, and our community by exercising reliability.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders comes with making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience passion, optimism, and laughter in everything we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind, and that learning comes from everywhere.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in an internally-driven strive for greatness.
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.