Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
Role is located in West Coast (Preferred)
The Strategic Engagement Manager (SEM) at Gainsight is a critical member of the professional services team. You will be the main stakeholder on projects, responsible for the success of enterprise level software implementations. In order to achieve this success, you will leverage your previous enterprise professional services experience, project management expertise, strong communication/written skills, relationship building prowess and conflict management skills.
What You'll Do
- Execute implementation projects while partnering closely with our prospects’ and clients’ Executive-level project sponsors
- Drive the Onboarding efforts of new and existing customers by understanding business objectives and partnering with the project team to prescribe best practice recommendations in order to achieve those goals
- Deliver on these engagements which includes driving milestone meetings (onsite and virtual), customizing and developing new project artifacts and ensuring high levels of impact and client satisfaction with the services rendered
- Develop detailed project plan schedules and work breakdown structures to ensure project team accountability for milestone dates and work quality
- Track detailed scope of engagement and when applicable work with the customer to estimate scope change/additions and execute change order(s)
- Create comprehensive weekly status reports and communication plans to executive sponsors and internal/external project teams
- Proactively identify implementation risks and mitigate them effectively and efficiently
- Quickly establish/nurture rapport and a positive relationship with customer stakeholders
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative evaluation of deliverables, budget, schedule, resource forecasts, project scope, and develop an action plan to mitigate risks and issues identified
- Maintain a deep understanding of Customer Success to be a trusted thought leader and advisor with your customers
- Coach and mentor project team members (potentially across multiple time zones) to facilitate improved teamwork both internally and with the client
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature capabilities of the team
- Work with sales and services sales to scope and estimate sales opportunities
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience in professional services, management consulting, customer success, business analyst, or another client-facing role
- In-depth knowledge and experience with successfully managing enterprise software application implementations -with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Skill set to understand and document business requirements as well provide prescriptive recommendations by actively listening and asking probing questions
- Experience with spearheading initiatives with cross-functional teams on a number of concurrent engagements
- Record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted, successful, and satisfied customers
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with technical, business, and VP & C-level stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation, consultative and leadership skills
- Ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes
- Experience in working with complex, multi-divisional, multi-geographical customers
- Capability to be dynamic and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Passion to be an expert on the product and for being part of a fast growing company
- Up to 10-15% travel to customer onsites for kickoff and discovery meetings
- Preferably Project Management certified
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.