Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
The Director, Industry Strategy & Go-to-Market (GTM) is a critical cross-functional role responsible for developing strategic objectives and executing Gainsight’s go-to-market for new b2b industry verticals, business models, and buyer personas. The successful candidate will research use cases, refine positioning and messaging, and identify and work to address product market fit gaps. In this role, the Vertical Strategy Lead will also establish an ongoing process to evaluate and prioritize new markets in support of Gainsight’s growth strategy. The Director, Industry Strategy & Go-to-Market will be both client and prospect-facing and will be a cross-functional leader, partnering with stakeholders from Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales, as well as with Gainsight’s Executive Team. This role will report to Gainsight’s VP of Sales Strategy, Programs and Enablement.
What You'll Do
- Identify and prioritize key markets for growth; research and size markets; present findings and recommendations to executive stakeholders
- Identify high propensity segments and target accounts by market; ensure accuracy and cleanliness of Salesforce account database for each market in partnership with Revenue Operations
- Confirm market challenges, workflows, buyer and user personas, and toolsets through primary (e.g., prospects, customers) and secondary research
- Identify product gaps, packaging, and pricing needs in partnership with Product and Product Marketing
Design Go-to-Market for New Verticals
- Partner with Gainsight executives, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to achieve pipeline and booking goals; develop pitch content, customer stories, and other materials for prospect- and customer-facing meetings
- Set goals and create experimental approach to generate meetings, pipeline, and wins; analyze and communicate success of experiments
- Craft clear, concise positioning that communicates the value of our products to various target audiences and personas
- Test and improve messaging and content in target markets; co-pitch solutions with Sales, as needed
- Collaborate with Product and Product Marketing to support industry go-to-market through the enhancement of product offerings and features; create market-specific roadmap communications
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success Enablement to rollout market-specific collateral and execute training sessions
- Partner with Customer Success and Product to document best practices and market-specific pre-configurations for Gainsight’s products
Manage Go-to-market Strategy
- Refine programmatic approach to successful go-to-market execution in Healthcare and forthcoming new markets; analyze historical data and seek feedback from to identify key problems to solve; develop strategies and plans to improve performance and support Marketing and Sales in achieving pipeline and booking goals
- Partner with Marketing to execute digital, email, and gated content, webinars, field activities, ABM and events
- Report quarterly on go-to-market execution and results
- Serve as the Voice of Customer for vertical markets, acting as a consultant to internal stakeholders
- Partner with Business Development to create strategic partnerships with Global SIs, PE & VC that support market expansion
What We're Looking For
- Experience: 10+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Sales, or Strategy at a SaaS company; Bachelor’s degree with MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field, preferred
- Industry Knowledge: Awareness of industries outside of SaaS, for example: Healthcare, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Managed Services and/or Hardware industries, preferred
- Executive Relationships: History of building relationships with customer stakeholders including senior executives; would gain the trust of Gainsight’s executive team
- Strong Business Instincts: Strong business judgement, along with inclination to formulate hypotheses, design experiments, and use problem-solving techniques to evaluate solutions; exercises good judgment in making decisions with limited data; understands deeply Gainsight’s value proposition, how it can apply in multiple industries, business models, and personas; Customer Success, Customer Experience, and Product Management experience and/or experience with Gainsight’s products, a plus
- Strategic Problem-Solving: Asks astute questions, learns quickly, leverages data, and creates frameworks to represent a problem and identify the right solution
- Communication & EQ: Listens well, reads non-verbal cues, uses specific language, projects confidence, navigates difficult conversations (internal & external) with grace, persuasive
- Team Management: Record of leading high-performing cross-functional teams, across all dimensions of Success for All
- Role Model: Overall, represents well the Gainsight brand and values
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first. Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.