Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. We've been recognized as one of the top 50 mid size companies in India by ‘Great Place To Work’ and top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Tel Aviv, California, Phoenix, St. Louis and London.
As the standard bearer for Customer Success, Gainsight continues to invest in thought leadership to drive value for our clients. To that end, Gainsight's project based services offerings for clients and prospects interested in advancing their Customer Success implementation.
As an Associate Director of Professional Services (NXT Stream) in the Customer organization, you will manage a team of Architects and Project Managers implementing/upgrading the Gainsight solution for our customers. The person will be responsible for ensuring all client projects are delivered with high quality and drive the highest levels of client adoption and success.
The ideal candidate will have an enterprise software delivery background. The candidate must be a seasoned management leader with project management expertise, strong communication/written skills, relationship building prowess and conflict management skills. Also ability to mentor, coach and develop other team members. Must have experience in deciphering SOW, scoping projects, managing risk, tracking project metrics and financial management. The candidate will utilize their technical expertise in improving the technical implementation/upgrade methodology and collaborate closely with Product and Engineering on developing automation. They should understand customer use cases, system and data integration, and solution design tailored to driving value with customers.
The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills with experience communicating at all levels of client organizations as well as internally across organization (product engineering, product management, sales). The candidate should have experience in establishing and managing client relationships and effectively managing red accounts.
The candidate should be willing to travel to client locations in the US or other locations as needed.
What You'll Do
- Drive execution of Gainsight Implementations in line with org KPIs & Metrics by guiding the team of Technical Architects, Solution Architects and SEMs.
- Implement NXT Onboarding methodology, drive 100% compliance, and continuously improvise/innovate for efficiency
- Building an onboarding/training program to rapidly scale the team.
- Ability to mentor and motivate technical resources. Experience with the product is strongly preferred.
- Drive standardized documentation - on our technical implementation methodology, technical design on projects completed, fill gaps in migration
- Build a relationship with internal/external customers and stakeholders.
- Scope projects, help creating SOWs and partnering with sales to enhance service revenue.
- Must demonstrate thought leadership in professional services best practices.
- Be a trusted advisor among internal and external constituents (up to C level) based on program management, product and solution knowledge.
- Plan and manage the Professional Services organization including headcount requirements, recruitment strategies, and organizational development.
- Hire, retain and motivate the best and brightest employees.
- Manage customer escalations and red accounts. Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in resolving product related implementation issues.
- Refine, develop and monitor metrics to assess the success of the team and individuals.
- Refine and develop methodologies, tools and programs around implementations.
- Optimize communication and ensure effective knowledge transfer and hand-offs to support post implementation.
- Design and deliver value-added strategic consulting offerings.
- Lead high visibility and most strategic projects.
- Effective and efficient communications up to management, customer, customer executives and with the team; know the best communication method for the audience as well as the subject.
Job Location: Hyderabad
Ideal years of experience: 10-15 years
Preferable work hours: EMEA Timezone (3pm - 11pm IST)
What We're Looking For
- B Tech/ M Tech or equivalent
- Technical background with experience architecting BI, data/system integration, CRM, EPM or other software in an Enterprise environment
- Experience in managing multifunctional, large enterprise implementation teams as Associate Director of Service; overall 10-15 years of software/IT experience.
- Demonstrated success in delivering quality implementation as measured by key metrics, such as NPS, etc
- Demonstrated success in scaling and profitably growing a professional services business focused on predictable implementation.
- Track record of successful solution delivery.
- Strong project management, organizational management and people management skills.
- Proven track record of hiring high performing Professional Services team.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving and risk management skills.
- Excellent client relationship management and ability to play a trusted advisor to C level customer executives.
- Proven experience managing technically complex, cross organizational, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong presentation, executive client management, product management and business skills
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We believe in trusting each other, and our community by exercising reliability.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders comes with making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience passion, optimism, and laughter in everything we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind, and that learning comes from everywhere.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in an internally-driven strive for greatness.
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.