Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
Gainsight’s partner ecosystem plays an important role in helping our customers transform their customer engagement. Going beyond transaction-focused product resale, our symbiotic relationships with consultancies and systems integrators drives customer satisfaction, new business, and expansion within existing customers.
The Head of Business Development (GSI/PE/VC) is a key member of the executive sales team and will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. This leader will be responsible for: establishing our strategy for selecting the partners we Go-To-Market with, designing our global resource and revenue plans for the business, development and execution of our global partner business plans with each partner. Working cross functionally with Geo sales leadership and marketing to develop and execute partner programs is integral to the success of this business and the evolution of our partnerships.
What You'll Do
- Visioning: Develop the strategy for the Business Development team, consistent with the Gainsight Strategic Plan. Lead and grow initiatives to target, evaluate and recruit new GSI, PE/VC and Technology partners and identify how Gainsight solutions deliver benefits to firms and their portfolio companies
- Cross-functional Alignment: Align with other executives at Gainsight on that strategy, ensuring buy-in from the executive team and leaders in Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Client Outcomes, and Professional Services (among other departments).
- Leadership: Build and Manage a team supporting Gainsight’s most strategic Global SI partnerships with the objective of expanding the existing relationships and developing future partnerships. Develop assets to empower partners to position the Gainsight platform as a standard, must-have solution for their portfolio
- Execution: Lead and implement partnership strategies for delivering education and thought leadership to firms and their portfolios, joint account planning with partners, repeatable playbooks and collateral to enable partners, design preferred pricing and legal packages, and regular cadences for firm/portfolio performance reviews. Set Objectives and Key Results that are consistent with that agreed-upon strategy; drive execution on the team to achieve those targets consistently; and create a high-performance, accountability culture
- Executive Sponsorship: Be the executive in meetings with the senior-most representatives from our partners
- Success for All: Own a pipeline and bookings target for driving the sales of Gainsight within the portfolios of existing GSI, PE/VC and Technology partners - drive results for Investor Success, Teammate Success, and Customer Success
What We're Looking For
- Experience: 5+ years of strategic/technology partnership experience at an Enterprise SaaS/software firm. In-depth knowledge and experience with operationalizing and scaling partner engagement teams, systems and processes
- Leadership: Has lead a team of people responsible for developing and managing global partnership relationships with GSI, PE/VC and Technology partnerships while employed at a software company
- Executive Relationships: History of building external relationships at GSI’s and PE/VC firms (e.g. client, partner) with very senior executives; could replace Gainsight’s COO or CEO in an external meeting
- Strong Business Instincts: Exercises good judgment in making decisions with limited data; understands deeply the business reasons for partnerships, how they relate to Gainsight’s company strategy, and how they benefit the partner; would gain the trust of Gainsight’s executive team
- Strategic Problem-Solving: Asks astute questions, learns quickly, leverages data, and creates frameworks to represent a problem and identify the right solution
- Communication & EQ: Listens well, reads non-verbal cues, uses specific language, projects confidence, navigates difficult conversations (internal & external) with grace, persuasive
- Team Management: Record of leading high-performing teams, across all dimensions of Success for All
- Role Model: Overall, represents well the Gainsight brand and values
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.