Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Gainsight, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
As the standard bearer for Customer Success, Gainsight considers it a top priority to build partnerships with fellow technology leaders who align with our vision and goals and can help deliver amazing outcomes for our customers and clients.
The Director of Technology Partnerships at Gainsight is a critical member of the Business Development and Alliances Team, reporting directly to the VP of Business Development and Alliances. You will lead the expansion of Gainsight’s technology ecosystem and act as the main stakeholder responsible for all aspects of driving joint go-to-market strategies. Specifically, this means setting the vision and strategy for partner enablement, co-sell and joint marketing efforts, establishing and growing relationships with key technical and GTM stakeholders, and collaborate with cross-functional peers to develop an aligned technology partner GTM strategy that deliver against business performance targets with our partners.
What You'll Do
- Be the accountable owner responsible for leading all facets of Gainsight’s technology partnership GTM to deliver measurable outcomes
- Lead and grow the initiatives to evaluate new partners and identify how our technologies compliment each other and deliver benefit to Gainsight, our partners and customers
- Identify and own the business requirements and performance metrics against which partnerships will be measured
- Develop a vision and roadmap for, and manage the delivery of co-selling and co-marketing activities with key technology partners and cultivate executive relationships with partners
- Lead and implement go-to-market strategies, joint account planning with partners, and repeatable playbooks and collateral to enable partners
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product, engineering, finance and other internal business units across the company to build and execute on strategies and track progress against joint business goals
- Manage business performance of partners and map priorities with Gainsight goals and strategies to meet/exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Engage the sales organization to drive pipeline and develop revenue opportunities for Gainsight products and solutions
- Serve as an advocate for technology partners and identify areas for growth via partnerships.
- Reporting out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style.
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of strategic/technology partnership experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with operationalizing and scaling partner engagement teams, systems and processes
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an extensive understanding of technology industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Experience with spearheading initiatives with cross-functional teams on a number of concurrent engagements
- Record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted, successful, and satisfied customers and partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent cross-team collaboration skills, and demonstrated ability to impact and influence outcomes in matrixed environment
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with technical, business, and C-level stakeholders
- Comfortable influencing stakeholders through executive level presentation creation and delivery
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment with strong problem-solving and service orientation; Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Passion to be an expert on the product and for being part of a fast growing company
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Health benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.