Gainsight is fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customer relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
About the job role
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to our customer’s overall success in configuring and using the Gainsight applications. You will join a small documentation team who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. Our team follows an Agile development model and releases new functionality approximately every 4 weeks. You can view our existing product documentation at support.gainsight.com.
This role requires someone who can
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product requirements.
- Analyze existing and potential content, and identify necessary updates.
- Produce high-quality documentation in a standard and consistent manner.
- Write easy-to-understand end-user and administrator guides.
- Develop tutorials that align to common customer use cases.
- Design in-app messages to support product adoption and new user on-boarding.
What we are looking for
- 3 to 8 years of Technical Writing experience.
- Proven working experience in developing procedural software documentation.
- Careful attention to detail, strong organization, and editing/proofreading skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Gather information through product specification docs, interviews and product demos, and product exploration. Must be assertive in asking questions, and generally be resourceful in finding answers.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written, and verbal).
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with writing training video scripts and/or use of Adobe Captivate for recording screen captures.
- Knowledge of databases, HTML, and XML is a plus.
- Three to five years of experience in technical writing.
- While the majority of the product and engineering team is based in India, some colleagues are based in the US and Israel, and there will be a need at times for evening meetings.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.