Gainsight is best known for building a market leading Customer Success Platform, with customers including leading SaaS companies like Box, Workday, Citrix and many more. But customers’ expectations have changed, and they demand the experience in their business products to be just as seamless as the products they use as consumers.
That’s where PX comes in. Gainsight PX is a powerful product analytics tool that enables PMs and their growth-minded counterparts to understand product usage and create customized engagements to drive product adoption. Where it becomes even more magical is the integration with Gainsight CS. For the first time, companies can create a truly end to end experience for their users, combining product analytics with data from the CS perspective, to create customized, targeted campaigns to ensure the user becomes and remains successful through their entire journey.
We are fortunate on the PX team to operate as a startup within a successful company. We have aggressive goals and aspirations to meet in 2019. We are looking for a PM with a technical and entrepreneurial mind to be the first product manager for the team, reporting to the VP of Product.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the Gainsight PX team in Hyderabad, India.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Deciding what to build: Work closely with application teams, customers, sales, services, customer success, engineering and other cross-functional groups to prioritize new features and functionality based on business objectives and engineering estimates;
- Adding details that are crystal-clear: Develop user stories, acceptance criteria and initial wireframes. Partner with engineering in building technical requirements. Partner with design in making sure mockups are ready;
- Saying No: Gainsight is in a large market with multiple prospects and customers asking for many things. You’ll have to make tough calls in prioritizing and communicating why;
- Executing on roadmap: Collaborate daily with engineering team in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum development process to deliver new features and functionality;
- Ensuring smooth release: Coordinate product releases among the engineering, marketing, customer success and sales teams;
- Managing product alliances: Select and maintain relationships with technical vendors, such as email service providers;
- Go-to-Market: Partner with product marketing on sales and marketing on go-to-market strategies based on product capabilities and competitive analysis
- Overall 10 years of experience in the IT industry.
- 5+ years of product management for a product company, ideally B2B SaaS
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent technical degree. MBAs welcome but not required
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern / agile software development practices used to build and deploy web and mobile applications. You’ve preferably been working full time on a software delivery team
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures into useful primitives
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.