Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customer relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Gainsight, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
The Manager, Corporate Events is responsible for the strategic direction and cross functional execution of the Gainight’s tradeshow initiatives. The Manager, Corporate Events is responsible for leading the planning, logistical operations and execution of Gainsight’s participation in trade shows, special meetings and events. The Manager, Corporate Events will direct cross-functional staff and vendors as well as work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to execute on the company's vision and business objectives at events. This role owns all aspects of the comprehensive trade show experience, including managing the departmental budget allocated for events, monitoring metrics to demonstrate event impact and ROI, project management of the trade show process and leading the execution of the event on-site all while taking into consideration Gainsight’s culture. This individual thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and has a hunger for being on the cutting edge of marketing, and is excited to make a real impact for the brand.
What You'll Do
Own the overall go-to-market and execution plan for tradeshows as well as support other programs, duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the planning, logistical operations and execution of Gainsight’s participation in the US and North America (sponsorship, tradeshow booth, speaking opportunities, etc…)
- Direct cross-functional staff and vendors as well as work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to execute on the company's vision and business objectives at events
- Manage planning and execution of ancillary events such as dinners
- Work with internal stakeholders and Leadership Team to set tradeshow objectives and clearly communicate objectives, expectations, and responsibilities to stakeholders/vendors/attendees
- Lead booth design and layout in accordance with marketing and sales strategy, brand guidelines, and budget in order to meet business objectives
- Travel to trade show event locations and lead booth install, break down, and on-site booth management (as needed)
- Create and manage tradeshow and events budget including tracking, reporting, initiating contract/procurement process and ensuring timely payment of vendors
- Negotiate contracts with venue, event organizers, vendors to meet business needs
- Order venue services as needed based on commitment (electrical, internet, inbound/outbound shipping, etc…)
- Create, manage, and own tradeshow and events timeline/project plans
- Work with internal teams to create attendance and staffing plan for trade shows and events
- Work with PR team to coordinate and determine social media promotions based on participation and what PR team recommends doing onsite (pictures, hashtags, swag, etc…)
- Manage meeting registration process including, but not limited to, badge registration, housing, and travel logistics where needed
- Organize meeting specifications (meeting room set-up, hotel rooming list, food and beverage arrangements, audio-visual requirements, ground transportation arrangements, recreational activities, etc.)
- Use existing inventory and/or order additional promotional items, manage shipping, onsute giveaway plan/raffle
- Schedule and lead regular trade show and event planning meetings
- Provide regular status communications to stakeholders
- Schedule onsite meetings to set expectations, onsite roles and responsibilities for team onsite (lead retrievals, agenda builder, etc…)
- Create and update event debrief (pre and post show)
- Perform other duties as assigned
What Skills We're Looking For
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to develop and manage cross-functional working groups
- Must be highly organized, flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Must be able to source a/v equipment and design room set-up; organize meeting materials; and coordinate and develop meeting/event collateral materials
- Must be able to work independently as well as problem solve and make critical decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to scrutinize the current trade show and event planning process and to continually evolve/improve the process to better meet the demands of the business
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years combined corporate event and event series experience, working for at least one SaaS-based B2B technology company.
- Hands-on experience in event management as well as building out successful audience acquisition programs on a global basis.
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are Our 5 Values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solutions is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty My Friends.
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and Flexible PTO