Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Gainsight, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
What You'll Do
- Visioning: Develop the strategy for the Business Development team, consistent with the Gainsight Strategic Plan
- Cross-functional Alignment: Align with other executives at Gainsight on that strategy, ensuring buy-in from the executive team and leaders in Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Client Outcomes, and Professional Services (among other departments)
- Execution: Set Objectives and Key Results that are consistent with that agreed-upon strategy; drive execution on the team to achieve those targets consistently; and create a high-performance, accountability culture
- Capital Allocation: Distribute resources (dollars, roles, time, and mindshare) in a way that best achieves those objectives
- Executive Sponsorship: Be the executive in meetings with the senior-most representatives from our partners
- Success for All: Drive results for Investor Success, Teammate Success, and Customer Success
What We're Looking For
- Executive Relationships: History of building external relationships (e.g. client, partner) with very senior executives; could replace Gainsight’s COO or CEO in an external meeting
- Strong Business Instincts: Exercises good judgment in making decisions with limited data; understands deeply the business reasons for partnerships, how they relate to Gainsight’s company strategy, and how they benefit the partner; would gain the trust of Gainsight’s executive team
- Strategic Problem-Solving: Asks astute questions, learns quickly, leverages data, and creates frameworks to represent a problem and identify the right solution
- Communication & EQ: Listens well, reads non-verbal cues, uses specific language, projects confidence, navigates difficult conversations (internal & external) with grace, persuasive
- Team Management: Record of leading high-performing teams, across all dimensions of Success for All
- Role Model: Overall, represents well the Gainsight brand and values
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and flexible PTO.