The Associate SOC Analyst is a key member of the worldwide Security Operations function for Gainsight, a growing Software as a Service innovator. This person will define, monitor, and improve behavior, metrics, and processes around Intrusion Detection and Incident Response, prevention, and handling. Security operations involve assets, interfaces and processes across diverse territories, internet exposure and application/platform landscape. The role takes pride in handling security operations across technology organization.
- Measure, monitor and report key metrics around intrusion and incidents response.
- Support threat definition, measurement, monitoring and management operations across the landscape.
- Align and exceed SLA expectations and commitments in all activities that are part of this role.
- Demonstrate expertise in core network, platform and security operations ranging from network intrusions to vulnerability management to endpoint operations.
- Perform log and event correlation on continuous and complex evolving systems spitting huge and diverse nature of data.
- Learn and get trained in implementing industry best practices around IDS, IPS, SIEM and Threat analysis.
- Lead the organization and industry, at large, in setting standards, procedures and processes around Security operations.
- Be part of team in implementing best tools, processes and monitoring mechanism with approaches like training, 3rd party trainings, certifications and other approaches.
- Manage effective coverage of security operations across timezones.
What we’re looking for
- 2-4 years of experience in SOC, Incident Response.
- Good knowledge of network structures, linux, application security and network security concepts and processes.
- Practical knowledge of Windows or Linux systems, related threats & incidents
- Proven skills in triage, identification, measurement, containment, mitigation of incidents.
- Previous experience with tools used in monitoring the network, including log management systems, ticketing systems, and network health systems
- Any one certification among CISSP, GCIH, GCT, CCNA CyberOps, CSOCA, ECSA, OSCP, SSCP, CEH or AWS Associate
- Willing to work in shifts.
- Nice to have skills: programming/scripting
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.