Gainsight is building a market leading Customer Success Platform. We have as customers some of the leading SaaS companies like Box, Workday, Citrix and many more.
As Platform Product Manager, you will have complete ownership of the platform components of Gainsight. This includes owning the Platform + product vision, speaking to customers, understanding the requirements from the application team and customer for the platform level requirements, defining user stories & acceptance criteria and creating wireframes. You will also closely collaborate with design & engineering teams to execute on the roadmap, and will evangelize the platform offerings with application team, train internal and external customers on benefits and capabilities of what your team has built.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Decide what to build: Work closely with application teams, customers, sales, services, customer success, engineering and other cross-functional groups to prioritize new features and functionality based on business objectives and engineering estimates;
- Add details that are crystal-clear: Develop user stories, acceptance criteria and initial wireframes. Partner with engineering in building technical requirements. Partner with design in making sure mockups are ready;
- Say No: Gainsight is in a large market with multiple prospects and customers asking for many things. You’ll have to make tough calls in prioritizing and communicating why;
- Execute on roadmap: Collaborate daily with engineering team in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum development process to deliver new features and functionality;
- Ensure smooth release: Coordinate product releases among the engineering, marketing, customer success and sales teams;
- Manage product alliances: Select and maintain relationships with technical vendors, such as email service providers;
- Go-to-Market: Partner with product marketing on sales and marketing on go-to-market strategies based on product capabilities and competitive analysis
- 5+ years of product management for a product company, ideally B2B SaaS
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent technical degree. MBAs welcome but not required
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern / agile software development practices used to build and deploy web and mobile applications. You’ve preferably been working full time on a software delivery team
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures into useful primitives
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view
Individuals seeking employment at Gainsight are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.