Senior Financial Analyst
Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
We have an immediate need for a high energy Senior Financial Analyst. The experience requirement is a minimum of three years high tech, SaaS FP&A. This position is initially offered on a contract basis, 40 hours per week. This individual has a demonstrated record of excelling at researching, quantifying, communicating and reporting actionable insights from Adaptive Planning and our ERP, Intacct. Key focus will be on the annual plan, forecast accuracy and partner reporting. This hands-on individual contributor will administer the Adaptive Planning instance and help enhance it to the next level. The position reports to the Director of Corporate Financial Planning.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interract with all levels of management.
- Deep Adaptive Planning experience, including administration functions, is a must have requirement.
- Experience with a recognized ERP system is a plus. (our ERP is Intacct)
- Experience with pulling Salesforce reports and the system's basic organization is a plus.
- Understanding of the interrelationships of financial statements (balance sheet, cash flow and P&L) and data flow within a company.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel, including Vlookups, Hlookups and pivot tables.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and identify suspect data.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to work independently.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, with courses in financial analysis, data analysis and accounting or equivalent. An MBA is a plus.
- 3 years + FP&A experience.
- Experience with a later stage, SaaS start up environment, is preferred.
- Love data and finding the story. Excited about hands-on analysis, and identifying repeatable, scalable process improvement opportunities.
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Role is in our Redwood City, CA office.