Vice President of FP&A
Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
We’re looking for an operational savvy Vice President of FP&A. In this role, you would act as the right hand of the CFO of a hyper growth SaaS Company. You will create the story that supports sound business decision making by providing insightful financial analysis, meaningful and accurate forecasting, explaining business results, and advising on the financial consequence of strategic decisions. You would also partner with our senior management team to bring the results of superior financial analysis and reporting into the heart of driving our business growth.
What You'll Do
- Lead all budgeting, forecasting and reporting activities for Gainsight.
- Work cross-functionally to create and maintain a variety of corporate and departmental metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal operation of the business.
- Strategically partner with our most senior business leaders and provide operational support based on your ability to supplement hard data with intuition and solid business judgment within a rapidly growing and changing business environment.
- Be a champion for process improvement … use technology to help ensure the integrity of data and assumptions and recommend improvements when appropriate.
- Drive analysis to determine functional capacity planning and resource allocation.
- Recognize where issues may occur and be proactive in planning to mitigate them.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline like Finance, Accounting or Engineering or Equivalent; MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles including a strong background in hiring and growing productive, happy teams.
- Experience in a start-up environment, preferably in a technology company, would be very valuable.
- Insight into the operations of a SaaS company would help you to hit the ground running.
- Diligent, detailed, credible, can operate independently.
- Excited about doing hands-on work, but with an eye toward scale as you build a high-performing team.
- Strong communication skills … we love people who can tell great stories about the numbers they report.
- Experience (or at least a strong interest) in corporate development finance.
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Role is in our Redwood City, CA office. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and flexible PTO.