Enterprise Account Executive-East-Gainsight PX
Gainsight PX® was built as an easy-to-use but powerful platform to continuously engage with customers in-product and measure their interactions. In addition, our team creates best-in-industry content for product experience and management leaders. We want to help bring modern, innovative thinking a cornerstone of their day-to-day work. Gainsight has defined the customer success category and now we're going to do the same for the product category. We're already the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe, and Workday. We've been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. Our offices are in Redwood City, San Francisco, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, Hyderabad, and Tel Aviv.
The Account Executive is responsible for selling Gainsight’s PX solutions to prospective customers. Using a consultative sales approach, the successful candidate will create and cultivate relationships to build and maintain customers for life. The Account Executive will work with all Gainsight stakeholders including Customer Success Managers, Professional Services, Pre-Sales, Product Support and Product Management to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
We are looking for a candidate who is based in either Boston or NYC
What You'll Do
Take the first steps (sales) to create happy customers for Gainsight's PX SaaS solutions by executing (sometimes complex) sales cycles through the orchestration of internal and external resources. ICP and Target market is currently Product Executives and Managers, as well as related executives, at Midmarket companies. Current focus is technology companies. A successful Account Executive will be able to:
- Represent Gainsight PX in a highly professional manner;
- Demonstrate excellent phone and in person presence;
- Have a healthy sense of humor. Might not seem like a key sales executive criteria but this isn’t always easy stuff, so being able to laugh – and laugh at ourselves - is important. It is also a core part of the Gainsight's PX culture and a great indicator of one’s ability to build rapport.
- Achieve sales quota for assigned territory
- Operate relatively independently, but work with the VP to manage territory to maximize revenue.
- Independently create an opportunity pipeline while executing multiple concurrent (complex) sales cycles;
- Have an appreciation for, and willingness to do, good sales forecasting;
- Simultaneously position Gainsight PX and qualify opportunities, by presenting the Gainsight PX unique value proposition in a compelling manner, framed by a value based selling approach that includes some business and return on investment analysis;
- While this is first a closing role, you will be required to prospect yourself and build your own pipeline. There is a SDR team in place to drive meetings, who you will work with.
- Demonstrate a natural curiosity and a desire to dig to understand the pain, and eventually the buying process, of the prospect;
- Exhibit business process knowledge in the product management and user experience space which will allows you to link customer pains/opportunities/needs to Gainsight PX benefits;
Product and Market Knowledge
- Learn and understand how to discuss a “product led” growth strategy
- Position Gainsight's PX advantages against perceived alternatives and competing offerings;
- Understand customer growth goals, strategies & initiatives, and establish Gainsight PX as a best in class product experience solution
- Account Executives will build direct relationships with executives and key product managers
- Work with Sales Development Representatives to define and support prospecting efforts within assigned territory.
- Enter new leads, contact data, log calls and other sales information for prospects and customers into SFDC.
- Prepare formal proposals, produce price quotes, work with management on contract negotiations, and gather all necessary paperwork to process orders.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, payments, product use or implementation (as required).
- Provide feedback (customer/prospect needs, industry trends, market perceptions, competitive intelligence, etc.) to company management, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- Conduct online webinars as a means of generating qualified leads
- Plan, promote and conduct round table events in key locations within your territory
- Travel to and attend trade shows, conferences, round tables and onsite visits; 40-50% travel per year
What We're Looking For
- At least 5 years of above quota performance with a strong record of achievement in other experiences such as academics, accreditations, athletics, and non-sales job responsibilities. Examples of “extreme” performance like number one, salesman of the year, and other top performance achievements will be given heavy weighting.
- Experience and familiarity selling into Product or Engineering or Customer Success is a plus, or possibly marketing, but a candidate with the talent to excel is more important than specific domain experience.
- Comfort and expertise calling on and presenting to C-Suite level contacts, six figure deal sizes and 6-12 month sales cycle
- Proven track record of identifying business issues and creating value while managing multiple stakeholders and decision makers in a complex sales cycle
- Experience in technology industry
- Highly competitive, entrepreneurial and self-driven
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are Our 5 Values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solutions is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and Flexible PTO