Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
As a Solutions Consultant at Gainsight, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest people in Customer Success. In this role you’ll partner with Sales to identify prospective customer’s business challenges and map their organizational needs to the capabilities of Gainsight’s industry leading platform. If the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment that challenges you to grow both personally and professionally, please read on.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to detailed qualification of opportunities, formulation of sales strategies and technical approaches and plans. Ensure prospect/client satisfaction with all project deliverables.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Professional Services, Marketing and Product Management to develop relevant use cases for prospective customers.
- Articulate the value of Customer Success and the Gainsight Platform to prospects and customers, either onsite or via web-conference.
- Conduct business and technical discovery to uncover requirements that need to be addressed via presentations and demonstrations.
- Assist in the creation of technical account configuration documentation and technical statements of work. Prepare and provide client facing technical follow-up calls and documentation.
- Participate in weekly Solution Consulting and Product Management meetings to stay up to date on current technical concepts and future product enhancements. Attend all company provided Solution Consulting enablement sessions.
- Develop industry related thought leadership while demonstrating technical expertise during the sales cycle.
- Create solution presentation storyboards and configure solutions environments that tell a story and are anchored in the value-based selling approach.
- Respond to technical questions received via RFP and or RFI in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Meet or exceed quarterly management objectives and revenue targets.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 4 years experience in software consulting, pre-sales consulting or product management.
- SaaS experience is required.
- Experience in customer success management, account management or renewal services.
- Possess excellent client-facing skills and experience in dealing with client and technical teams as well as experience in presenting to C-level executives.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly driven organization.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied departmental environments.
- Intrinsically motivated with a strong work plan and self-development skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts including specific knowledge of one of the following (MongoDB, RedShift) including expertise in SQL.
- Knowledge of Salesforce architecture and data model strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of REST APIs, ETL, CSV preferred.
- Knowledge of distributed computing and SaaS security concepts.
- Analysis and design skills of moderate complexity.
- Experience with Web Services development.
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 Core Values:
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends.
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.