Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
We are looking for an Executive Business Partner to support the Chief Operating Officer of Gainsight in key initiatives and day-to-day operational needs.
What You'll Do
- External Engagement and Communications
- Manage and draft COO’s external communications, including speaking events, client meetings, and LinkedIn communications
- Advise on decisions on engagements, preparation, content creation, and follow-up
- Internal Engagement and Communications
- Manage and draft COO’s internal communications, including but not limited to: all-hands meetings, team meetings, offsites, and roundtables
- Cross-Functional Meetings
- Run cadence of weekly staff meetings and other important meetings, including planning agenda, organization, and follow-up on action items - while infusing our company values throughout
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks for the COO (manage calendar, book travel, secure meals, schedule facilities, greet guests, block time for personal life, etc.)
- Ensure COO is prepared for every meeting
- Make recommendations for the COO with regard to their time management, prioritization, delegation, and organization
- Act as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator as the first contact for the COO
- In general, ensure that our COO is maximally effective every day
- 5+ years supporting a C-level executive as an executive business partner, or senior executive assistant, at a quickly-scaling or large software company
- Demonstrated deep empathy for executives and a desire to support them
- Skilled in communicating clearly and with purpose in both written and verbal communications
- Builds positive, productive relationships with a wide variety of people
- Attention to detail
- Communicates, performs, and reacts well under pressure, ambiguity, and changing deadlines
- Enjoys optimizing processes to make them more efficient
- Anticipates and responds to the needs of others before they arise
- Familiarity with the software industry; ability to develop an understanding of the substance of business initiatives at Gainsight
- Exercise sound judgement and maintain integrity and professionalism in communicating and working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Role is in our Redwood City and San Francisco, CA offices. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and flexible PTO.