Gainful is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world’s best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for every body.
Gainful is positioned to become the category leader in personalized nutrition, with personalized protein powder the first of many products. We are searching for leading experts in performance nutrition and supplement formulation to join Gainful as part-time advisors and serve on Gainful’s Science Advisory Board.
- Project based
- Review & suggest improvements to protein powder and pre-workout
- Review and suggest improvements to product claims
- Review existing questions & suggest additional questions for our quiz at Gainful.com
- Review & suggest improvements to the logic we use to calculate personalized protein powder blends based on unique quiz responses
- Examples include: collagen powders, multivitamins, personalized vitamin stacks, hydration/electrolyte supplements, BCAAs, ready-to-drink protein, ready-to-drink pre-workout, protein bars, meal replacement solutions, keto supplements, wellness shots, etc
- Collaborate with COO & Director of Operations to audit our existing formulations
- Collaborate with COO & CTO to audit our matching algorithm
- Collaborate with Gainful exec team + board of directors to identify, formulate, and launch future products
- Use of your name and likeness on our website (no time commitment required from Science Advisory Board)
- Use of your name and likeness on marketing communications (no time commitment required from Science Advisory Board)
- Regular review & approval of claims made in marketing communications across Gainful’s online and offline channels
- Optional: penning pieces to cement Gainful’s thought-leadership in the nutrition and supplement space
- Long form: Blog posts and email newsletters
- Short form: Social media posts and advertising
- Optional: efficacy research
- Gainful’s Science Advisory Board will have strictly confidential access to data from millions of quiz submissions and product formulations. Our goal is to use this data to perform a scientifically rigorous longitudinal study demonstrating the efficacy of Gainful’s approach to personalized supplementation.
- Advanced degree(s) in Food Science, Nutrition, Dietetics or related field
- Demonstrated thought leadership in performance nutrition, sports science, and supplement formulation
- Ability to synthesize considerations across marketing, supply chain, and efficacy in order to make realistic product recommendations
- Research interest in personalized nutrition
- Personal interest in tech-enabled consumer startups
- Location: Fully remote, occasional (max quarterly) travel for advisory board meetings
- Once social distancing requirements are lifted, Gainful will have reopen offices in New York City and San Francisco.
- Hours: Part-time or project-based
- Compensation: Equity
- Benefits: None
- Start Date: ASAP