Gainful is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world’s best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund and BrandProject). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for every body. Our first product is a personalized protein powder.
Gainful is positioned to become the category leader in personalized nutrition, with personalized protein powder the first of many products. We are excited to bring on only the most incredible team members to join us on this journey.
We are seeking an experienced, creative, data driven Lifecycle Marketing Manager to lead the growth of our CRM and own all lifecycle marketing for Gainful. The right person for this role is an exceptional individual with experience in building consumer lifecycle strategies and personally managing execution. The ideal candidate combines left and right-brain thinking to produce personalized, timely, and engaging content across email and SMS. This will be a high-autonomy role, and is designed for marketers who want to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing DTC startup (currently 11 full-time employees) to make a huge difference. The ideal candidate will be empowered to make critical contributions to developing a lifecycle strategy as well as manage ongoing CRM functions as a primary stakeholder
Reporting into the Brand Director, you will also work directly with our Head of Growth, CTO, and CEO to fit lifecycle marketing into broader company goals including – but not limited to – product announcements, retention, content strategy, discount strategy, seasonal campaigns, and channel mix. You love collaborating with a team and using analytics to shift acquisition tactics in a new and evolving marketplace. The Lifecycle Marketing Manager will also be responsible for identifying appropriate investment and reporting on its effectiveness and efficiency. Ultimately, this person is responsible for ensuring CRM capabilities are maximized to drive engagement with existing users and improve business KPIs. With your expertise in lifecycle marketing, our team will achieve its mission to bring personalization to an outdated $6B category.
Gainful recently raised a round of funding, and we’ve set aggressive goals for 2020 and beyond. Your role will evolve quickly as Gainful grows, and the expectation is that you will hire and lead a team of marketers, customer insight managers, writers, designers, and engineers.
- Execute and lead the vision, strategy, execution and results for our Email Marketing (Klaviyo) and SMS (Attentive) channel program, encompassing the marketing, transactional, and lifecycle email/SMS programs supporting growth and retention across our business.
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience analyzing and segmenting CRM databases. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: * Copywriting, art/design direction, and creative briefing, * Coordination of all technical implementation, and acting as PM for required landing page UX * Ensure high quality and error free implementation, testing, and QA * Own post-campaign reporting
- Drive Engagement & Retention: Drive further engagement with the platform, and improved customer retention through CRM channels.
- Set an analytical environment of data capture and interpretation for the Marketing team
- Design and deploy a scalable framework for continuous A/B testing and iteration across our automations and campaigns
- Continuously write & A/B test email and SMS content to identify the most effective messaging for different customers and stages in their lifecycle and improve subscriber engagement. Understanding of metrics and analytics is required (LTV, CAC, Churn, etc.).
- Leverage our access to highly personalized customer data to execute complex campaigns
- Bring innovative new ideas and explore growth opportunities that quantifiably extend customer LTV
- Be the expert on the customer journey, from onboarding to checkout to retention to referral to win-back
- Interview and survey customers to gather qualitative data
- Analyze both quantitative & qualitative data to hypothesize, experiment, implement, and measure acquisition and retention tests across email & SMS
- Work with our Customer Experience team to diagnose communication failures and identify messaging / product features that drive customer loyalty
- Unearth consumer insights to inform the development of plans for both paid and owned channel activations
- Maintain a strong understanding of trends, competitive landscape and how they relate to Gainful’s goals
- 3-5 years experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability and AB/multivariate testing lifecycle marketing for a tech-enabled consumer brand
- Expert in Klaviyo or closely comparable tool
- Experience with conversion rate optimization and A/B testing across channels
- Knowledge of frontend web development basics (HTML, CSS)
- Knowledge of email client basics (mobile and desktop)
- Knowledge of email regulations, best practices and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CCPA)
- Creative with an eye for design (physical and digital UX/UI)
- Self-motivated. Ability to identify and solve problems without direction
- Excellent copywriter and communicator
- Experience at a high-growth startup, preferably a tech-enabled consumer brand
- Inherently analytical and data-driven
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- Experience in financial modeling, data science, SQL
- Experience in design (Adobe Suite) or photography/videography
Location: New York City (100% remote during COVID-19 outbreak)
Hours: Full time, unlimited PTO
Pay: competitive salary + equity
Health Insurance: Choice between Blue Shield Gold Full PPO 750 or Blue Shield Platinum Full PPO 0
* Gainful will cover 99% of the monthly cost of the Gold plan, or 85% of Platinum
* If you opt out of group healthcare coverage, Gainful will add $250/month to your salary as a wellness stipend
Dental: Guardian EM Dental 10
Vision: CA Beam VSP Choice Plan 2
* Health FSA
* Dependent Care FSA
Visa sponsorship: Available
Start Date: June 2020
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are :)