Gainful is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world’s best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund, BrandProject, and Courtside VC). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for every body.
Gainful is positioned to become the category leader in personalized nutrition, with personalized protein powder the first of many products. We are excited to find incredible team members to join us on this journey.
Gainful is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture in order to support all teams and meet our business objectives. As the 3rd full time engineer on this team, you will own the data pipeline as we make our processes efficient and secure. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of creating and leading our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Working with the CTO and other team members to plan, design, and implement our data infrastructure.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using mySQL and AWS technologies.
- Provide suggestions for new tools to use in order to achieve our data goals.
- Ensure security, speed, and reliability of all data infrastructure
- Support backend and frontend engineers
- Support growth marketing team to help efficiently test and evaluate different initiatives
- 4-8 years experience in backend or data engineering role
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with Django
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- A desire to be a leader on a small team and provide suggestions for new initiatives
- Understanding of full stack - preferably Django + React.js
Location: New York City (100% remote during COVID-19 outbreak)
Hours: Full time, unlimited PTO
Pay: competitive salary + equity
Health Insurance: Choice between Blue Shield Gold Full PPO 750 or Blue Shield Platinum Full PPO 0
- Gainful will cover 99% of the monthly cost of the Gold plan, or 85% of Platinum
- If you opt out of group healthcare coverage, Gainful will add $250/month to your salary as a wellness stipend
- Dental: Guardian EM Dental 10
- Vision: CA Beam VSP Choice Plan 2
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Lunch every other Friday
- Free snacks/beverages of every kind
- Unlimited Gainful product & swag
- Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to do your job
Visa sponsorship: Available
Start Date: ASAP