Gainful is changing the way people shop for nutrition products to support their active lifestyle and help them achieve their fitness goals. Launched in 2017, Gainful is backed by some of the world’s best venture investors (including Y Combinator, Dorm Room Fund and BrandProject). Gainful combines personalization with the highest quality ingredients to make sports nutrition accessible for every body. Our first product is a personalized protein powder.
Gainful is positioned to become the category leader in personalized nutrition, with personalized protein powder the first of many products. We are excited to bring on only the most incredible team members to join us on this journey.
About the role:
We are seeking a Brand Director to own and execute Gainful’s overall brand marketing strategy. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have a unique opportunity to get involved during the formative stage of a brand and take it wherever you think it should go. Gainful’s Brand Director will play a vital role in growing awareness, driving engagement, and fostering loyalty and love for the product, brand, and Gainful community. You will be responsible for the brand foundations, overarching brand strategy, and translating those into integrated campaigns and activation across all touchpoints– social, PR, influencer, email, partnerships, website creative and other key channels. You will also own the creative and content production process.
Additionally, you will collaborate heavily with the growth marketing team to bring our brand to life and ensure a consistent vision for the brand across marketing channels. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building a consumer brand from the ground up.
You will help build and shape the marketing team as we scale, setting the highest bar for talent imaginable.
Gainful recently raised a round of funding and we’ve set aggressive goals for 2020 and beyond.
Who you are:
You are passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and want to be a part of something that will meaningfully make people’s lives better. You are excited to join a brand near inception and do whatever it takes to build this brand. You are a natural brand storyteller, with deep experience in brand building and development and a proven track record in developing marketing strategies and executing across a number of mediums. You thrive in ambiguity. You are particularly adept at bringing a brand story to life through organic and earned channels, while also inspired to test and experiment with new ways to reach consumers.
You are both a left and right-brain thinker – responsible for efficient new customer acquisition with a finely-tuned understanding of who loves our brand and why. You want to know as much about the personality traits of our customers. You can quickly gain a strong understanding of our consumers’ behavior and can turn data and insights into actionable plans for building a strong base of brand loyalists. You are a strategic thinker, and are not afraid to be nimble and change directions as we continue to grow and learn more about our audience and consumer base.
You’re not reliant on huge marketing budgets to achieve awareness, but are happy to think outside the box.
What you will accomplish:
* Manage Gainful's overall brand strategy and the execution of this strategy.
* Ensure day-to-day marketing initiatives are aligned with brand identity and objectives, which will evolve over time
* Own all aspects of Gainful's brand and its implementation across channels, including content production, communication strategy, public relations, influencer marketing, partnerships, and website creative
* Develop and execute the brand's social media and content marketing strategy as a means of customer acquisition and loyalty
* Use customer insights and data to evaluate ongoing marketing success, informing future improvements and changes in the brand communication strategy
* Grow organic brand awareness and develop brand loyalty from customer base
* Own all visual & written content/asset production and partner cross-functionally to execute
* Act as an art director for all photo & video shoots until we build out our internal Creative Team
* Drive business development, including sourcing and securing brand partnerships
* In collaboration with Design, maintain brand guidelines ensuring a cohesive brand experience across all channels
* Collaborate with Growth Marketing and Product to ensure that brand and top of funnel initiatives incorporate measurement to drive KPIs
* Event/sponsorship opportunities that build the brand
* Manage relationships with external marketing agencies
* Own the brand marketing budget
* Help build the marketing team as we scale
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent. MBA preferred.
* 6+ years of brand management, marketing communications, or advertising experience
* Experience in direct-to-consumer and/or e-commerce or retail, preferably at a digitally-native brand
* Proven track record of developing effective and engaging advertising, storytelling, and integrated marketing programs
* Experience with influencer marketing, content development, and community-building
* Ability to form a deep understanding of our customer and how to connect with them through all forms of marketing content
* Management experience, with the ability to hire & lead a team while driving multiple projects at once
* Equally analytical and creative
* Highly collaborative with the ability to work well in a cross-functional team developing cohesive content
Nice to have:
* Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, fitness, or food/bev.
* Experience at a high-growth startup, especially direct-to-consumer subscription.
* Experience in design (Adobe Suite), photography, and videography (product + lifestyle).
* Lifecycle marketing (email, SMS, push, direct mail) experience.
Location: New York City (100% remote during COVID-19 outbreak)
Hours: Full time, unlimited PTO
Pay: competitive salary + equity
Health Insurance: Choice between Blue Shield Gold Full PPO 750 or Blue Shield Platinum Full PPO 0
* Gainful will cover 99% of the monthly cost of the Gold plan, or 85% of Platinum
* If you opt out of group healthcare coverage, Gainful will add $250/month to your salary as a wellness stipend
Dental: Guardian EM Dental 10
Vision: CA Beam VSP Choice Plan 2
* Health FSA
* Dependent Care FSA
Visa sponsorship: Available
Start Date: June 2020
Gainful is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Come as you are :)