All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
Global Atlantic is seeking a candidate to support the investment accounting for various insurance subsidiaries, which entails preparing the monthly ledger reconciliations to validate the accuracy of the investment results in our subledgers on a GAAP basis and preparation of required GAAP 10Q/K investment disclosures. This position will also support process enhancements related to achieving an accelerated close that produces timely, accurate and complete investment accounting results in an efficient manner on a GAAP basis. All candidates must, in addition to possessing the specific qualifications cited below, work well within a complex, fast-paced, fluid environment, and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for performing monthly investment reconciliation between the ledger and subledger for various insurance subsidiaries on a GAAP basis; primarily for fixed maturity securities, including preparing journal entries and other investment accounting activities.
- Perform month end closing procedures, including analytical reviews of income earned, unsettled trades, suspense accounts, and other financial statement items.
- Perform control functions in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and NAIC Model Audit Rule.
- Responsible for the preparation of Global Atlantic’s GAAP 10Q/K investment disclosures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Entry level- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel; data warehouse design or support a plus.
- Pro-active, detail oriented, deadline driven; possess excellent documentation and analysis skills.
- Results oriented, flexible, self motivated , and able to work in a team environment.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.