All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
Global Atlantic is looking for an Assistant Vice President to join the Bermuda Actuarial Team. This position is based in our Hamilton, Bermuda office. This position will support actuarial functions related to USGAAP, US Stat, and EBS reporting for the company’s Bermuda-based affiliates and GA sponsored entities. The actuary will work closely with the rest of the Bermuda Actuarial Team, as well as onshore Actuarial, Finance, and Risk teams.
Key responsibilities of the role include (across four Bermuda entities):
- Liaison of Bermuda Actuarial Team for US GAAP and US Stat reporting for the Bermuda-based entities
- Analysis of US GAAP and US Stat results for the Bermuda-based entities
- Coordinating implementation of LDTI and supporting quantification of LDTI’s financial impacts on the Bermuda-based entities
- Coordinating the quantification of financial impacts for potential assumption changes
- Participating in the production of Best Estimate Liability (BEL) under the Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet (EBS) framework
- Supporting Risk and other teams in calculating the Bermuda Solvency Capital requirement (BSCR) and other capital metrics under internal and external stress scenarios
- Supporting onboarding of new deals assumed by the Bermuda-based entities
- Maintaining and improving relevant controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Supporting audit and regulatory requests
- Mentoring other actuaries
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in the life (re)insurance industry
- FSA or equivalent designation strongly preferred
- Experience with US GAAP relating to life and/or annuities strongly preferred
- Experience with US Stat relating to life and/or annuities preferred, but not required
- Experience with Bermuda EBS framework a plus, but not expected
- Strong communication, technical, and analytical skills
- Takes personal accountability for the execution of goals and objectives
- Ability to work independently, manage and coach staff
- Has positive attitude necessary to be part of a strong performing team
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.