All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
Global Atlantic is looking for an Associate Actuary to join the Bermuda Actuarial team. This role will be based in our Hamilton, Bermuda office and will be part of the team supporting all aspects of the Bermuda model production process. The Associate Actuary will act as a point of contact between the Bermuda and onshore model development team, and will work closely with Actuarial Valuation, Finance, and Risk teams.
- Management of the production process for all Best Estimate Liability (BEL) projections under the Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet (EBS) framework
- Compiling and delivering model output to valuation teams
- Running routine and ad-hoc stress and sensitivity analyses at management’s request
- Working with Bermuda valuation team to analyze and explain model results
- Coordinating with the onshore model development team to validate and update new and existing cash flows models
- Onboarding new models (for new reinsurance deals) into the production valuation process
- Preparing model documentation and supporting audit and regulatory requests
Required & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in the (re)insurance industry
- ASA (or equivalent) actively working toward Fellowship designation, or FSA/equivalent
- Experience with actuarial modeling software (MG ALFA preferred) development and production
- Life and Annuity experience strongly preferred
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Coding language experience a plus (Python preferred)
- Bermuda EBS experience a plus
- Experience with asset adequacy testing (CFT) preferred, but not required
The ideal candidate for this role is a motivated, results-oriented person with strong analytical and problems solving skills. Our ideal candidate:
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Is persistent when developing a solution to a problem
- Balances the dichotomy between working with a high-caliber team and individual production
- Takes ownership of their responsibilities
- Thrives in an environment that prioritizes open and honest communication and feedback.
If this sounds like you, Global Atlantic would love to hear from you!
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.