All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
The Analyst, Corporate Actuarial - Reinsurance (the actuary) will report to the Assistant Vice President, Corporate Actuarial. The actuary will be focused on two broad areas:
- Onboarding new external reinsurance transactions with respect to all Actuarial models and related accounting
- Supporting internal reinsurance transactions with respect to all Actuarial models and related accounting
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Global Atlantic’s Institutional Segment is focused on acquiring blocks of life insurance and annuities via reinsurance transactions. The actuary will be at the forefront of ensuring that these assumed blocks are properly onboarded from an Actuarial perspective. This will involve working with the following areas: Model Development, Valuation, Finance, Risk, IT, Ops, etc. Specific tasks will involve development of the appropriate accounting treatment, specification of relevant calculations (reserves, etc.), validation that the corresponding models are following these specifications, etc.
- Global Atlantic will generally retrocede assumed blocks to various affiliates and sponsored entities. These retrocessions involve many of the same activities as the original cessions (detailed above). The actuary will also be involved in the corresponding activities for these retrocessions.
- Documentation of all external and internal reinsurance transactions
- Analysis of capital impacts of external and internal reinsurance transactions
- Supporting Risk and other teams in calculating statutory capital, RBC, and other capital metrics under internal and external stress scenarios
- Maintaining and improving relevant controls
- Supporting audit and regulatory requests
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or other related field
- 0-3 years of actuarial experience
- 2+ parts passed on the actuarial exam
- Experience with Statutory and GAAP valuation/financial reporting, a plus
- Strong communication, technical, and analytical skills with the ability to participate in creative idea generation
- Ability to take personal accountability for the execution of goals and objectives, with a positive attitude and excellent ability to work in a team
- Adaptable, can seamlessly maintain effort and focus when priorities change
- Learning mindset, focus on continuous process improvement
- Results-oriented, with ability to execute multiple high-priority items simultaneously
- Ambition and desire to succeed by delivering quality and effective results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.