All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
The Sr. Accounting Policy Research Analyst is an experienced accounting professional who will participate in the assessment, development, and implementation of accounting policy (GAAP, SEC, and Statutory) across the entire organization. This individual works with senior leaders in assessing accounting implications of new initiatives and transactions, and in implementing new accounting standards, and will represent Global Atlantic on accounting policy matters to auditors and other external constituents. The primary focus of this position is Insurance and Reinsurance accounting policy matters. The Sr. Accounting Policy Research Analyst reports to the Head of Accounting Policy and is based in New York, NY.
- Review and evaluate new transactions across all business lines, products, and initiatives and determine appropriate accounting treatment, and effectively communicate to senior leaders the key considerations and implications
- Maintain current documentation of all of Global Atlantic's accounting policies; develop processes to ensure ongoing compliance
- Collaborate with the SEC/GAAP/STAT reporting teams to prepare regular, quarterly accounting policy disclosures in financial statements and regulatory filings consistent with industry leading practices
- Interact with auditors and other constituents on accounting policy matters
- Monitor new and emerging accounting policy developments and assess impact on Global Atlantic's financial statements; Collaborate with Finance, Actuarial, Investments, Risk, and other stakeholders to assess, plan for, and implement new policies (e.g., long-duration targeted improvements)
- Monitor competitor and industry trends in accounting policy and communicate to leaders
- Represent Global Atlantic on accounting policy matters with industry organizations and other groups/forums
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant Required
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience with audit, accounting policy and/or GAAP/SEC reporting roles at life insurance companies or other financial services organizations
- Demonstrated expertise in of GAAP, SEC, and Statutory accounting standards and practices
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead the assessment and implementation of new accounting policies
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Applies strategic thinking approach to work product
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.