All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
Global Atlantic has a challenging opportunity, located in our Boston, MA office. This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment supporting multiple operations, their teams and leadership throughout the organization. The individual will be responsible for treaty administration, reinsurance accounting, reporting, transaction analysis, ongoing process improvements and internal controls across multiple bases of accounting: USGAAP, NAIC, and Bermuda Statutory.
- Perform monthly and or quarterly closing procedures, reinsurance journal entries, reconciliations, and analyses.
- Develop and maintain standardized reinsurance reports required for monitoring results.
- Review treaty documentation: verify information complies with terms and conditions of treaties.
- Prepare analysis and commentary on key business drivers related to reinsurance.
- Serve as the accounting support during new transactions.
- Develop and implement standard reinsurance accounting models.
- Maintain effective internal controls, support internal and external audits, and regulatory examinations.
- Drive process improvements and automation efforts.
- Participate in special projects with cross-divisional and corporate impacts, with particular focus on collaboration and effective communication.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 5+ years of experience in the insurance industry or public accounting
- Team player, positive attitude, results oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to draw conclusions from research.
- Must be well-organized, innovative, and possess a high level of initiative.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic and high-level of personal integrity and accountability.
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger, Hyperion Financial Management and Smartview/Essbase preferred.
Global Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email email@example.com.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.