About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, Insurance and Employee Wellness Programs . Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Product Support Specialist who excels in cross-functional collaboration, task management, and communication.
G2’s Product R&D team turns data into powerful insights. The integrity of our data and the representation of products and vendors alike is crucial to G2’s dedication to helping buyers find the right software or service. G2 is also committed to providing top-level customer service, which includes responding in a timely manner to customer-reported bugs and other cases. The Product Support Specialist is responsible for owning the first tier of support, enabling the Product R&D team to support the company, buyers, and vendors. Using knowledge of the company and familiarity with the Product R&D team, common questions, problems, and concerns, the Product Support Specialist will see that every request is addressed and met, taking the initiative to ensure the smoothest path to resolution.
This role will also own daily tasks that ensure all information and data on our website is accurate and up to date. As well as taking on tasks and assisting with projects as needed.
We are looking for a self-motivated and personable individual, willing to problem solve, proactively manage expectations, and take customer and internal service to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the front line for research and product support cases from prospects, customers, and internal team members
- Fulfill tier 1 support requests and communicate directly with customers, users, vendors, and internal stakeholders to address requests directly and close issues
- Route tickets to team members who can address customer and user issues
- Diagnose problems and propose possible solutions for the short- and long-term
- Complete daily tasks such as sorting through product submissions and additions, maintaining product profiles, updating vendor information, making product category moves
- Document solutions to recurring support cases
- 1-2 years experience in customer service, customer service/help desk
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Quick learning, adaptable
- Ability to work cross-functionally, communication and collaboration is key
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud or help desk software is a plus
- Experience in Software Industry a plus
- Experience in SQL and Ruby on Rails a plus
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here Commitments