About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About The Role
The Business Development Representative is a launching path for a career at G2. The opportunity allows for individuals to fine-tune their communication skills by conducting initial contact and engaging with professionals in the software industry. The ideal candidate has experience with cold calling or heavy phone skills and is an eager, high-energy sales professional.
In this role you will:
- Drive sales growth by finding and engaging prospects via phone and email
- Connect with and quickly develop relationships with contacts and prospects
- Set-up meetings with qualified prospects and sales reps
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on lead quality and conversion
- Build a pipeline and execute on early stages of the sales process
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Evangelize G2 and our industry-leading review platform
- Exceed goals of qualified opportunities and closed business
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 6 months-1.5 years of sales or related experience
- Experience with prospecting, cold calling, or equivalent
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- A motivated and goal-oriented personality with a self-starting attitude
- Organized with good time management skills
- The ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.