About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About The Role
G2 is looking for a hard-working and dedicated Customer Support Specialist who will work with internal and external stakeholders in order to strengthen relationships, consult as a G2 product expert, and provide guidance and answers to product-related issues for G2 vendors.
The Customer Support Specialist should have a high level of professionalism, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be proficient in logical decision making through troubleshooting.
This is not your average customer support role, you are asked to be a consultant and extension of the accounts owner relationship. This role can be based in Chicago, or the west coast.
In this role you will:
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests through our service desk that can include: troubleshooting, product updates, feature questions, resolving service issues, and advising/ helping to implement one of G2s many integrations.
- Manage resolution process including escalations of possible bugs to Development Technical Support.
- Act as the liaison between case submitters and our product managers
- Work cross-functionally to ensure accurate and timely updates to our customers
- Contribute to special projects to improve internal/external processes and client satisfaction
- Demonstrate a proactive, solution-based approach to build customer relationships via calls and emails.
- Support G2’s global customer base and grow our global support machine
- Identify and proactively manage risk areas, scope and customer expectations that could impact success
- Manage the Customer Support Office Hours, meetings, an Q&A
- Partner with Sales, Research & Product, and CS counterparts to help our customers obtain results faster.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Solutions-oriented self-starter
- Strong project management and follow-up skills to ensure completion of a task
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with no supervision and with excellent follow up
- High attention to detail
- Energized by making customers happy and successful
What will help your application stand out:
- At least 1 year of customer service driven work
- Salesforce admin experience preferred
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.