Data Operations Lead
G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Data Operations Lead to join the G2 Product R&D team with a focus on the G2 Stack product line. G2 Stack is the world’s most authoritative and comprehensive technographic data set consisting of millions of companies and the software products they use. The Data Ops team for G2 Stack will be responsible for identifying and increasing the breadth of all software products tracked by the G2 Stack crawler, while also maintaining G2’s high quality standards by ensuring the data is as accurate as humanly possible. This role will mentor, manage and be responsible for the output of the entire team, and serve as a key interface between Data Analytics, Data Science and Product functions within the G2 Stack product line.
- Manage a team of Data Operations Specialists and Associates who are responsible for finding new products that can be tracked via the G2 Stack crawler, and own QA metrics for false positives and erroneous product detections
- Define, own, and execute work streams related to the Data Operations team on G2 Stack, while serving as the main point of contact across cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with peers in Data Analytics, Data Science and Product teams to ensure the Data Ops work stream is aligned with the overall vision for the G2 Stack product
- Influence product direction by identifying newer, more efficient and more accurate forms of data capture via the G2 Stack crawler
- Enable the Data Ops team in finding creative ways to work with thousands, at times, millions of rows of data
- Support professional growth of team members, providing coaching to individuals and inculcating a strong culture of end to end ownership
- 3+ years of experience working in data operations and/or data analytics
- Demonstrated ownership of project outcomes
- Strong prioritization and project management skills
- Desire to automate processes and achieve greater efficiency
- Experience in text manipulation (Regular Expressions or RegEx) strongly preferred
- Experience in data manipulation using SQL preferred
- Experience in software, tech, and/or user-generated content (preferred)
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.