About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
G2 is seeking a Manager, Market Research to join its Market Research team. The manager will act as a player-coach, ensuring the accuracy and growth of a given software market while supporting a team of analysts in doing the same.
The Manager, Market Research is responsible for researching, writing and advising buyers about trends and products in their market, and coaching their team of researchers to similarly grow their markets.
In addition, the manager is expected to support cross-team initiatives with sales, marketing, and other relevant teams throughout G2. They should lead by example and assist their team in working collaboratively throughout the company.
You would be successful if you describe yourself as:
- A combination of a doer and strategist at heart, acting as a people-first player coach who can inspire a team to drive impact.
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional writing and verbal skills and an analytical eye to help G2 tell meaningful, data-driven stories and share insights and trends in interesting ways.
- Recognized authority with established market presence globally through published articles, regular posting cadence, and key industry events
- Key subject matter expert proactively supporting G2 sales strategic planning, account management, and partnership efforts shaping market leaders’ opinions.
- Excited to guide and contribute to strategic discussions about G2’s market position.
In this role, you will demonstrate:
- Category Expertise: Serves as a subject matter expert on their market and organizational digital transformation initiatives related to their market.
- Thought-leadership: A demonstrated thought leader in their market and the ability to deliver credible content in a variety of formats on the subject. Experience writing with data, and eagerness to use G2 data to enhance their narratives. Demonstrates drive to help other team members do the same.
- Category development: Take appropriate actions to grow the business in the assigned categories through sales support, business development, partner development and other methods as necessary. Assist in driving the direction of the category roadmap for their team’s markets.
- Vendor relationships: Take a proactive approach to connecting with vendors and coach other team members to do the same. Participate in G2’s Lead Analyst program, providing white-glove service to key customers in partnership with sales; delegate related activities to team members.
- Management: Lead, motivate and empower a team of analysts. Support them in day-to-day activities as well as long term professional development. Provide mentorship, guidance, and direction.
- Cross Team Collaboration: Establish strong relationships across the G2 organization and manage team alignment with creativity and transparency needed to achieve business goals.
- Cultural Advocate: Celebrate the success of the team and connect each analyst to the value they are providing to the company and those around them.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5-7 years experience with B2B Services, Channel Partnerships or Implementation Services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and coach a team
- Demonstrate a track record of content development and delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to confidently present thought leadership and the G2 Research message
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct oversight
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to influence across G2
- Strong time management skills
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.