G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has over 1 million reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Senior Performance Engineer to join our fast-growing SaaS Management solution, G2 Track. As a senior performance engineer in the G2 Track team, you will be working with architects and technical product managers to define, execute, and own the performance of the entire application.
- Design and implement performance engineering strategy, roadmap and best practices for end-to-end application performance management.
- Experiment with ways to eliminate performance issues and present corrective actions.
- Implement the code changes required to fix the identified performance bottlenecks.
- Drive automated performance measurement, monitoring and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices
- Contribute to high level design as well as detailed design of complex subsystems with emphasis on high availability and low latency.
- Implement proactive measures to address the root causes around performance bottleneck, scalability, platform slowness and network congestion
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software design and development.
- Experience in performance engineering for web-based applications who can look at the cross-section of the application, both frontend and the backend.
- Solid understanding of building data products dealing with large volume data sets
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with scaling global products
- Language agnostic. Ability to ramp up quickly on any new tech stack.
- Experience installing, configuring and using performance testing and performance monitoring tools
- Self-motivated individual that finds and delivers solutions with ability to continuously learn new applications and technologies.
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.