G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the role:
G2 is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our accounting team in India. In this role, you will report to the Accounting Manager and assist the accounting/finance team with the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statements. You will assist with audit requests, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable processing, and overall process improvements. You will play an integral role in monthly close and will assist the finance and leadership teams in understanding financial results. The ideal candidate pays attention to detail and can work quickly while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for general ledger accounting including journal entries, billing, vendor payments, collections, and allocations.
- Review and approve expense reports
- Assist in month-end close process
- Review transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment and allocation of expenses to various departments
- Provide support for audits
- Provide relevant information for Statutory and Tax filings.
- Complete various ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 1-2 years of corporate accounting experience including monthly journal entry and account reconciliation preparation
- Basic understanding of India GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Knowledge of GL software packages
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work hard and grow professionally. We strive to create meaning in our work by building our PEAK culture around our values of Performance, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Authenticity and Kindness. We aim to provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow by doing challenging, innovative work and be inspired to succeed by conscious leaders and a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day while being challenged to grow professionally while supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.