About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About The Role
G2 is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our legal team. Reporting to the VP of Legal, this role represents a great opportunity to work in a fast paced start-up/SaaS environment, partner with smart and driven people, and be exposed to a broad array of substantive legal issues. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail and can work quickly while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
In this role, you will:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including master subscription agreements, licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, supplier- and vendor-facing service agreements, and other contracts as needed to support G2.
- Work closely with business partners in Sales, Security, Product, Marketing, and other teams within G2 to successfully close transactions in a manner consistent with G2’s policies and best interests.
- Assist with data privacy initiatives and issues.
- Develop and lead a company-wide contract management system
- Work cross functionally and independently to improve legal processes and procedures.
- Embrace and uphold G2’s PEAK values: Performance, Entrepreneurship, Authenticity, Kindness.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- JD from a nationally recognized law school
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state
- 5-8 years as a practicing attorney in private practice, in-house, or a mix of both
- Interest in data privacy matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
What can help your application stand out:
- Experience with data privacy matters
- Experience working in a tech company
- Exposure to privacy regulatory matters
- Experience supporting an internal sales organization
- Licensed to practice law CA or IL
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.