About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
G2 is seeking a Senior Research Analyst focused on Digital Marketing and Advertising software and technology markets. Our analysts put buyers first through our work in data-driven thought leadership and developing independent and unbiased categorization of B2B software.
We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of data and has the ability to convert that data into compelling narratives, and reports both written and orally. We combine our technology and industry knowledge with the data and experiences of real software users.
This role has the opportunity for a remote option.
You would be successful if you describe yourself as:
- Technology industry analyst or market practitioner with well-established subject matter expertise
Committed to sharing your expertise and knowledge, helping to build a market profile that supports G2’s authority in B2B software markets.
- Established market presence through published articles, regular posting cadence, and events.
- Driven by results from supporting external and internal stakeholders, including clients, prospects, sales and marketing.G2 sales and partnership efforts by shaping market leaders’ opinions.
- Has a proven passion for the role that technology plays in business, and how it delivers benefits.
- Life-long learner who is curious, asks questions, and brings new ideas to the table.
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional writing and verbal skills and an analytical eye to help G2 tell meaningful, data-driven stories and share insights and trends in interesting ways.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain organization across multiple task types.
In this role you will demonstrate:
- Category Maintenance and Development: The taxonomy of G2 is critical to the success of the organization. By leveraging data and research, you’ll be the leading voice in how G2 manages our Marketing and Advertising categories. You’ll ensure that our categories grow and evolve with industry trends and ensure an accurate representation of the market. Two example categories that this role oversees are our Marketing Automation and Account-Based Marketing categories.
- Advisory Influence: G2’s Senior Research Analysts are authorities in their given markets. They are the primary internal resource for their categories and work directly with software buyers and vendors in their field. In this role, individuals are responsible for educating buyers about how to best select, implement, utilize, and benefit from business solutions via the categories and content they manage. Supports sales efforts by advising vendors on categorization and overall representation in the marketplace, as well as educating on G2 market trends.
- Thought Leadership, Writing & Analysis: Produce timely, actionable and original insights for enterprise buyers of technology that help educate and inform them about B2B technology and market trends to improve buying and use decisions. Senior Research Analysts are tasked with understanding our unique data and information through both intentional research and direct engagement with software and service buyers. Amplify professional analyst brand by posting on social and professional networks.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the rest of the G2 team to develop and deliver new reports, insights and offerings. When relevant, identify themes and trends that expand across multiple markets or industries, engage with fellow analysts around those themes.
- Vendor relationships: Take a proactive approach to connecting with vendors and coach other team members to do the same. Support Lead Analysts in regular communication with major software vendors in partnership with sales. Independently support sales efforts by advising vendors on categorization and overall representation in the marketplace, as well as informing on G2 market trends and our methodologies.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 3-5 years experience with Marketing and Advertising software categories as a practitioner, researcher or analyst
- Strong research and writing skills, with the ability to produce data-driven stories
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline - or equivalent, relevant work experience
- Fast, continuous learner who can work independently
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong and open communicator
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.