G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a rock star Senior Product Manager to join our growing team! You will be in charge of helping define new products and features, having direct involvement and ownership of the product roadmap. You will work with a team of product managers as well as business owners to drive strategy and direction. Additionally, you will work with designers and engineers to drive the planning and delivery of new features, executing on that roadmap.
You would be successful if you describe yourself as:
- A steward of the products you look after. Ensuring you take into account the needs of the business that use the product, the end-user of the product, and any / all metrics you can find to drive maniacal focus on business results and a solid roadmap. You focus on product market fit and broader alignment in the broader G2 portfolio.
- A combination of a doer and strategist at heart, because a product that doesn’t get to market is not a product.
- A skilled communicator, knowing when to listen and when to speak. As G2 product managers we listen to many audiences to refine and drive features that bring value. Then we communicate that focus and value.
- A passionate driver for the best possible user experience and a track record of making that happen for digital products.
- Roadmap: Own the roadmap for your product area in partnership with internal and external stakeholders taking into account business goals, data analysis, and a clear understanding of user needs. Invest time evangelizing your roadmap with prospects and customers.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Oversee the product from discovery to release, working closely with designers, engineers, and business owners.
- Communication: Own and sell the product roadmap, priorities and requirements for your area to multiple internal stakeholders in both written and oral formats. Serve as product expert for feedback, questions, and troubleshooting.
- Product Requirements: Define requirements and scope for new products and features taking into consideration standard project management constraints (time, scope, resources) as well as available technology.
- Market Support: Inspire and lead support for Sales, Marketing, and Research with value propositions, features and benefits, RFI/RFPs, training, tools, and collateral based on detailed competitive analysis.
- Analytics and Testing: Conduct user analysis and market research to make informed product decisions using quantitative and qualitative data to drive informed product decisions.
- 5+ years working in product with agile methodologies in web development; consumer marketplace experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in performing rapid A/B testing with closed-loop reporting.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally to deliver results on time and on budget indepently.
- Proven method of keeping up with new requests and maintenance asks, distilling asks to feature sets, and breaking them down to packets of work.
- Clear passion about G2 portfolio and ability to identify possibilities in our industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to understand business objectives and stakeholder needs and translate them into solutions.
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities for product development.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.