G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for answering key business questions that will accelerate the growth of G2. You will help by harnessing, monitoring, and governing data that we collect and bring it together through event frameworks and ETL(s) to ensure it is trusted. The data will need to be monitored and governed well so that it can be trusted which you will be instrumental in setting up. The tech stack includes Kafka, Segment and AWS to prepare the data for any visualizations or data analysis. Data-driven decisions are immensely important to us and we are looking for a team member that will help drive us closer continually.
We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers work to solve problems they see our customers have. If you wish to join a talented passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply so we can start our conversation today!
- Coach and mentor data engineers and support an inclusive process ensuring all data engineers understand the architecture and tools
- Make recommendations on technical improvements to deliver consistent value while ensuring throughput and quality code is in line with expected goals
- Define the target data models and the process in which that data is formed
- Support pull request reviews to help complex features move along while keeping a pulse on the quality of our code design and data integrity
- Consult on complex dependencies between teams with creativity and transparency that need to be met in order to achieve a business goal of stories
- Govern G2’s data to adhere to privacy and security requirements and ensure the trust in the data that everyone is making decisions with
- Coordinate and lead training opportunities with budget in mind that will further accelerate the growth of the team in areas of need
- Attend and facilitate agile ceremonies such as scrum, retrospective, grooming and planning to promote good process and help the team focus on the delivery of value
- Facilitate architectural changes that increase the scalability of our data infrastructure while maintaining efficiency in all phases of the development lifecycle
- 5+ years of programming experience, ideally with a focus on data management.
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and enjoys working creatively with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide internal stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across G2.
- Strong time management skills.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Proficient in SQL (PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, Athena), Python, Kafka, Segment, and Ruby
- Experience in custom or structured ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Desire to excel in a high-growth startup environment
- Experience working in high performing, agile environment
- Proven leader in guiding how data infrastructure should be built, based on your experience getting things done
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.