G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
G2 is seeking an Market Research Analyst focused on software and technology markets to share in maintaining and curating our real-time taxonomy and the related research that powers our G2 marketplace. Our analysts put buyers first though our work in developing independent and unbiased categorization of B2B software and data-driven thought leadership.
At a fast paced, hyper growth company like G2, responsibilities, tasks, and projects can evolve rapidly and the ability to adapt is critical.
We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of data and has the ability to convert that data into compelling narratives, and reports using their oral and written presentation skills. We remain 100% unbiased in our analyses, combining our technology and industry knowledge with the data/experiences of real software users.
Analysts support their fellow team members in the growth and maintenance of G2’s priority categories. Analysts can expect to learn and contribute across all software markets.
You would be successful if you describe yourself as:
- Technology industry analyst or market practitioner with an interest in growing your subject matter expertise
- Committed to sharing your expertise and knowledge, helping to build a market profile that supports G2’s authority in B2B software markets
- Driven by results from supporting external and internal stakeholders, including clients, prospects, sales and marketing.
- Has a proven passion for the role that technology plays in business, and how it delivers benefits.
- Life-long learner who is curious, asks questions, and brings new ideas to the table.
- Self-motivated individual with exceptional writing and verbal skills and an analytical eye to help G2 tell meaningful, data-driven stories and share insights and trends in interesting ways.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain organization across multiple task types.
- Category Maintenance and Development: Achieve and maintain category integrity in a defined market. This includes conducting research to ensure software products and associated services are properly categorized, as well as staying on top of trends to proactively evolve categories within our taxonomy.
- Advisory Influence: G2’s Market Research Analysts are authorities in their given markets. They are the primary internal resource for their categories and work directly with software buyers and vendors in their field. In this role, individuals are responsible for educating buyers about how to best select, implement, utilize, and benefit from business solutions via the categories and content they manage. Supports sales efforts by advising vendors on categorization and overall representation in the marketplace, as well as educating on G2 market trends.
- Thought Leadership, Writing & Analysis: Produce timely, actionable and original insights for enterprise buyers of technology that help educate and inform them about B2B technology and market trends to improve buying and use decisions. Market Research Analysts are tasked with understanding our unique data and information through both intentional research and direct engagement with software and service buyers.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the rest of the G2 team to develop and deliver new reports, insights and offerings. When relevant, identify themes and trends that expand across multiple markets or industries, engage with fellow analysts around those themes.
- Experience in specific software categories as a practitioner, researcher or analyst
- Knowledge of or experience with: collaboration software, office categories, customer experience, and office and content management software.
- Strong research and writing skills, with the ability to produce data-driven stories
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline - or equivalent, relevant work experience
- Fast, continuous learner who can work independently
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong and open communicator
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- 2-4 years of professional experience
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work hard and grow professionally. We strive to create meaning in our work by building our PEAK culture around our values of Performance, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Authenticity and Kindness. We aim to provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow by doing challenging, innovative work and be inspired to succeed by conscious leaders and a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day while being challenged to grow professionally while supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.