About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than six million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team! You will be responsible for helping develop solutions with a strong emphasis on front end code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers work to solve problems they see our customers have. If you wish to join a talented passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply so we can start our conversation today!
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain a high quality, stable, and well tested web application
- Apply database skills against a large and rapidly growing dataset
- Use patterns of code decomposition to break down tasks into deliverable solutions
- Work in close coordination with designers, product managers, developers, and business stakeholders
- Track metrics and measurements alongside core features to help make informed business decisions
- Works with developers to help understand complex topics and architecture, and provide problem-solving strategies and learning opportunities
- Ensure quality releases by writing tests covering unit, integration and functional requirements
- Follow agile best practices to design, architect, develop and test features
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 4+ years of programming experience, ideally in a web environment
- Experience working in high performing, agile environment
- Has a deep understanding of software architectures and how they are applied in context, best practices in more than one language.
- Opinionated about how applications should be built, based on your experience getting things done
- Ability to be productive on a rapidly growing team
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and excels under pressure
What can help your application stand out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React
- Experience building large scale web applications
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.