G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has over one million reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
G2 is in need of an offsite SEO specialist and community writer who will be responsible for building brand awareness, white-hat link building, and overall content promotion, primarily through high-quality guest posts on external websites.
- Source and write search-optimized guest posts per month with the goal of building high-quality backlinks (read this article for more information on building links through guest posting)
- Work with copy editors to ensure guest articles are free of grammar and spelling errors; work with publication post-send to deliver edits in a timely manner
- Create and execute additional strategies to acquire backlinks to targeted content to increase organic rankings
- Promote content produced by specific writers to increase traffic and visibility.
- Leverage advanced Google search techniques and queries to find high-quality guest post opportunities on reputable and relevant websites
- Build and maintain a personal network of healthy relationships with bloggers, companies, content teams, etc. to leverage for link swaps, guest post partnerships, etc.
- Create additional backlink-able content such as infographics, statistic roundups, videos, and other new forms of content
- Maintain a solid understanding of G2’s priority software categories and Learn content to identify the best linking opportunities
- Maintain a solid understanding of on-page SEO and link building techniques
- Represent the G2 brand well as the main-point-of-contact for various companies and publications
- 1-3 years previous writing experience
- Previous content marketing, SEO, backlink experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with cold emailing and/or outreach emails
- Professional and strong communication skills – comfortable being MPOC for G2 with a variety of companies, publications, etc.
- Ability to write professional articles
- A few of the tools we use on a daily basis include Ahrefs, BuzzSumo, Hunter.io, LinkedIn Premium, Buzzstream, HubSpot
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.