About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here
- Create and execute whitehat strategies to increase the number of backlinks to G2's marketplace to increase organic traffic.
- Promote content produced by specific writers to increase traffic and visibility.
- Use advanced Google search techniques and queries to find link opportunities.
- Differentiate between high- and low-quality link opportunities to ensure that links are beneficial, relevant, and authentic
- Test various outreach techniques – broken link building, community roundups, link partnerships, etc.
- Finding and qualifying new content through Ahrefs for link opportunities.
- Outreach to bloggers, companies, content teams, influencers, editors, and publications via email, social media, cold calling, etc.
- Building healthy relationships with bloggers, publications, and content teams.
- Creating backlink-able content such as infographics, statistic roundups, videos, and other new forms of content
- Writing guest posts to be published on other websites.
- Obtain and maintain an understanding of general link building concepts and terminology – domain authority, anchor text, link equity, crawling, etc.
- Previous content marketing, SEO, backlink experience (min. 1 year)
- Required 1- 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with cold emailing and/or outreach emails
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to write professional articles
- Professional – comfortable being MPOC for G2 with a variety of companies, publications, etc.
- A few of the tools we use on a daily basis include Ahrefs, BuzzSumo, Hunter.io, LinkedIn Premium, Buzzstream, HubSpot.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here Commitments