G2’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 650,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly 3 million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2, Inc. is seeking a Research Director with an AI and Analytics background to join its Buyer Research team. The Research Director will be responsible for leading G2's AI and Analytics category team, ensuring the accuracy of AI and Analytics product categorization and supporting overall growth in the set of AI and Analytics categories.
The Research Director, AI and Analytics is responsible for researching, writing and advising buyers about trends and products in AI and Analytics technology. The director must have a deep understanding of current AI and Analytics trends and products.
- Category Expertise: Serves as a subject matter expert on AI and Analytics technology, and organizational digital transformation initiatives related to AI and Analytics solutions.
- Thought-leadership: A demonstrated though leader in AI and Analytics technology and the ability to deliver credible content in a variety of formats on the subject.
- Category development: Take appropriate actions to grow the business in the assigned categories through sales support, business development, partner development and other methods as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degrees a plus
- 10 years of directly applicable industry and/or research experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage a team
- Track record of successful business development with vendors in the CRM industry
- Demonstrate a track record of content development and delivery
- Ability to deliver public presentations and represent G2 at industry events
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct oversight
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to influence across G2
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to travel approximately 30%+
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.