About G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 Crowd empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 360,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly one million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
Do thoughts of sugar plum fairies dance in your head when you hear the words screaming frog and AJAX mentioned in the same conversation? Are you familiar with front-end web development and not afraid to show it? Did someone say log file analysis...Oh yeah! Then we’re looking for you.
G2 Crowd is looking for an experienced and organized Technical SEO Specialist to join the SEO team. This person should have a passion for deep analysis of web technologies and SEO while bringing the ability to problem solve technical issues.
- Day to day management of web site performance & applicable automation of SEO tagging
- Work with product & engineering to define technical SEO requirements
- Identify opportunities to improve crawling & indexation
- Support for page remapping & URL structural updates
- Bi-weekly site audits and reporting, with recommendations and roadmap scheduling
- QA of deployments
- Support SEO team lead & SEO departmental lead
- Report building & automation
- 2-3 years experience in a SEO role
- A passion for deep analysis of web technologies & SEO
- A strong understanding of search engine crawlers
- Experience in/familiar with canonicalization, client & server side redirects, pagination, crawl budget, xml sitemaps
- Technical auditing experience on small to large web sites, both static and dynamic
- Ability to recognize common technical issues and explain their solutions coherently, ensuring that clients and teammates understand the recommendations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues on sites with tens of thousands to over 1 million pages
- Ability to research technical issues and make actionable and well-informed recommendations based on your findings
- Comfortable retrieving and analyzing data from Google and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, look-up function and conditional functions)
- Familiarity with log file analysis
- Structured markup understanding
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.